Friday, June 26, 2009

Day 12: Weekend!!!...



















Both Adrienne and Alex called today, which always makes it a special day :-)

Here are some pictures before I head off to bed. Can't wait to get some "catch up" sleep. We just took these, so you can get a feel for the house and our progress so far. It's still a mess, but much better than the empty house we slept in our first two nights. Star took the photo with me in back of the house at about 9:15pm (no flash). It's now 9:40, and the sun is just about to set...Ben
Note the warm clothes. We took a picture of the 101 Diner from the back stoop too. Lavendar grows along the road and in beds all over town, and all the lamp poles in town are topped by big hanging arrangements of flowers. In the early morning, city employees come by in a truck and water them. That's probably the only way I could keep one of them alive. Instead, I hung a huge bronze star that Monica sent me by the front door...Star

1 comment:

  1. I like your house. It looks as if you have lots of light--I like that. It also looks as if it is very open--I like that. I hope you have a good weekend. Ben, I did not realize that you were going to work so soon. It was probably good to get started. We miss ya'll,but we are glad that ya'll are in a good place.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete