Thursday, June 25, 2009

Day 11: Busy...




The Olympic Mountains from our bedroom window. Yeah, there are some power lines, but it's a view.




We arrived in Sequim around 2:00pm on Tuesday. We picked up some fast food, and went to the rental house to eat and take a look around. We didn't even have keys, but knew it would be more than satisfactory by looking through the windows. After shoveling down our Arbys at the house, I immediately went to a meeting. Meanwhile, Star searched for the realty company to get us into our rental home.

Since Tuesday, I have worked about 1 1/2 days, and we have slept on an air mattress in an empty house for two nights. Star has done a wonderful job taking care of all of the usual tasks of moving into a new home in a new city. The movers arrived this morning at 7:50 and quickly filled the house with our "stuff". Even though we only had an opportunity to see pictures prior to renting our home, the furniture fit almost perfectly with just a couple of small exceptions.

We have ventured out to buy some food and other items for the house, and everybody has been so welcoming in the community. We have been told to watch the speed limit, directions for getting around, the best places to eat, and many other tidbits of various information. The people we have met around the community love their jobs, and are proud of what they do.
Supposedly, the weather was in the upper 80s one to two weeks before we arrived. We have been wrongly accused by some of bringing the return of Spring to Sequim upon our arrival :-)
For example, today started out nice and warm, but by the afternoon it was cloudy, in the mid 50s, and windy.

That 's all for now. I need to go help Star unpack boxes...Ben


I'm not sure he's really going to unpack boxes. I've taken to it with a vengeance. It's a bit
like a treasure hunt. Yay! today I found everything to make coffee except coffee filters! It's also a reminder of how many useless things we still have: why would anyone need 12 metal mixing bowls of various sizes, 39 pictures (all painstakingly packed by Ben), and 40 dinner plates?
Right now, we're both tired, which seems to happen pretty early out here in the West. Tonight we're especially drawn, since the bedroom really does look familiar, just more spacious...Star

2 comments:

  1. Welcome home Rankins!!!!!I will be looking for your blogs. I know that you two will be happy there; in fact, ya'll would be happy anywhere. I love the view from your new home,and I am glad that you have good heat. I am also glad that I was wrong about your house choice, and you chose the right home for yourselves. I do not think about you being far away--just up the road and over some mountains. Take good care of each other. I love you.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya'll made it! =) Keep sending pictures. I love your descriptions that go along with them.

    ReplyDelete