Sunday, May 11, 2014

A time for thanks, remembrance, and celebration

to all the influential mothers in my life.  The best parts of me are directly attributable to these incredible women.
 
Aunt Marilee, InaMae, and Mom
Aunt Marilee imparted to me my adventurous spirit with her tales of travel, and sent me regular "care packages" throughout college.  InaMae, my mom's mom, took me in many summers during my childhood and also reinforced in me a sense of adventure.  Every time I hear the name Lake Jocassee, I think of InaMae taking me in a boat to the Jocassee Gorge before Duke Power flooded it with over 400 feet of water.  And of course, my mother, who not only encouraged me from birth to go after your dreams, but practiced what she preached by earning her college degree in her 50's.

MaMa Rankin
 No grandchild was loved anymore than me by my Dad's mother.

Marsha Carter and Mom
 Marsha Carter was a teacher and mentor to me and helped me realize my dream of being an engineer, and of course, she was my mother's dear friend.

My Sis, Jill, with Thom and Mary
 
The Mother Star
 

No comments:

Post a Comment