Sunday, July 19, 2009

Day 35: Busy with work and fun...






















(Sorry, but the pictures loaded in reverse of tonight's narrative, so just follow them from the bottom up.)
We broke away from work this weekend, and had a weekend of fun.

We went to the Lavender Festival, which draws people from not only different states but different countries as well. Let's just say, it makes for some interesting "people watching."

This morning I received a call from a co-worker telling me there was a herd of elk in town! So, Star, Alex, and me got into the truck and drove across town. There was a herd of at least 25 in one of the City's well fields. We were within about 100 yards of them, when some of them starting standing at alert. When the male started eyeing us, that was as close as we ventured. Well, except for Alex. As he started heading towards them and away from the vehicle, I reminded him how quickly one of them could run his little rear end down. He heeded my advice :-)

Later in the day, we took Alex up to Hurricane Ridge in the Olympic National Park and went on a hike to Hurricane Hill. This time we remembered the camera. We had just finished our hike in the picture with Star and Alex. The mountain we climbed is in the background behind them. If you look closely in the other picture, you can see a piece of the trail. Alex was able to play in some snow up top, and we saw bunches of wildlife today. The close up picture is of Mount Olympus in the distance. I had the zoom at about 8X for that shot.

We just wrapped up our weekend roasting some oysters on the grill a friend dropped by for us.
I'm quickly getting spoiled by the weather around here. Another weekend in the mid to upper 70s with lows at night in the upper 50s. We have had 3 rains since arriving, and all of them were just drizzles. Sorry, but I'm not missing the heat and humidity at all.

Take care,

Ben and Star

1 comment:

  1. Hey,
    I have missed your posts; however, this one was worth waiting for. The mountains are simply majestic, and my grandson is as handsome as his dad. My beautiful daughter-in-law has the prettiest smile in Washington.
    I wanted to be with you at the lavender festival, but I settled for the lavender lady's pictures.
    Stay well and happy.
    Lov,
    Momma

    ReplyDelete